Partners of the Zittau Mountains’ Nature Preserve
The Zittau Mountains’ Nature Preserve is active in a network of partnerships with neighbouring territorial authorities in the Czech Republic as well as associations and institutions in the nature park itself, which have capably carried out various tasks required by a nature preserve for years already.
Association of German Nature Preserves
Joint Tourist Association Upper Lusatia / Zittau Mountains’ Nature Preserve e.V. (registered association)
The association has 70 members and covers the Upper Lusatian Highlands and the Zittau Mountains area. Their aim is to promote and to develop an economically practical and environmentally friendly tourism.Among its tasks are focusing tourism efforts, internal and external marketing, tourist activity development, as well as aspects such as quality assurance, product development, advertising and merchandising.
Registered Association for Landscape Protection “Zittau Mountains and Foothills” (e.V.)
The association for landscape protection unites various interest groups, such as communities, farmers and conservationists. It arranges the cooperation between the separate parties and with the aid of its members has been able to implement a number of projects since 1993. Thus it has become an essential and important partner for the nature preserve. The association, seated in Mittelherwigsdorf, endeavours to preserve and to foster a traditional landscape. Annual events are the “Bergwiesenfest”, a mountain meadow festival in Oybin/Hain, and Zittau’s “Onion Market”. These natural goods markets are predominantly characterised by their offering of regional products and the lively programme of related events. Foundations of a cooperation on partnership basis: Cooperation agreement on fostering and organising the cultural landscape of the Zittau Mountains’ Nature Preserve, signed on 10th Oct. 2005 in Spitzkunnersdorf.
Nature Conservation Centre “Zittauer Gebirge” gGmbH
The conservation centre is an organisation of the Görlitz district and is active in environmental education and landscape preservation. Their main activities are competitions and exhibitions, arranging hiking trips and excursions, and preparing publications and nature conservation projects. With all they do in maintaining and marking the tourist trails and instructing the volunteer path caretakers, the nature conservation centre is a valuable partner of the Zittau Mountains’ Nature Preserve.
The Podralsko Microregion
23 towns and communities surrounding the Ralsko Mountain Foundations of cooperation on partnership basis:
- Cooperation agreement on the development of an international, forward-looking recreation landscape between the Zittau Mountains’ Nature Preserve (Ger) – the Lusatian Mountains (CZ), signed on 19th May2005 in the Hotel “Haus am See” at Lake Olbersdorf
- A mutual cooperation strategy for the Zittau Mountains Nature Preserve – Podralsko Microregion – association of local authorities Novoborsko, signed on 22nd June 2007 in the town hall of Zakupy.
16 towns and communities in the region of the glassblowing town Novy Bor
- Cooperation agreement on the development of an international, forward-looking recreational landscape between the Zittau Mountains’ Nature Preserve (Ger) – the Lusatian Mountains (CZ), signed on 7th Oct. 2004 in a pavilion in the health resort gardens, Jonsdorf
- A mutual cooperation strategy for the Zittau Mountains’ Nature Preserve – microregion Podralsko – association of local authorities Novoborsko, signed on 22nd June 2007 in the town hall of Zakupy
Cooperation between partners: Nature Preserve (Ger) – Microregions (CZ)
1. Continuous discussion of a tripartite German-Czech task committee
- Initiation and realisation of joint projects
- Agreement on and coordination of activities
2. Joint projects
- Europe – hiking trail 2006
- Hiking and cycling trip options in the Euroregion Neisse 2007
- Panorama tables at overlooks in the Euroregion Neisse 2010
- Working meetings of mayors and employees of the tourist information centres